Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Candles

It’s nice to get feedback on what’s written here. I appreciate it when you click on my email address to tell me what you thought of the words I put together.
I’m continuing a little from the last entry where I said that God calls each of us into service in some way. We may not have a high profile job or a name that is known the world over. We may not be endowed with the gifts of wealth or even health. But we all were put here for, perhaps, “such a time as this.”
One reason that I appreciate your comments is that it brings perspective into my service to the Master. You see, when you comment, I am reminded of the service you perform and of your lot in life. I realize yet again that I am not alone.
It’s good for me to remind myself that others, just as I, struggle to pay bills, deal with kids, learn a new job, cope with sometimes frail health, refresh a relationship, tackle employee/employer issues, and a host of other stressors that appear in the lives of every one of us from time to time.
In a real way, we’re all in this together, being lights and salt and leaven in a place that desperately needs what God has to offer by means of our poor, weak efforts. It’s nice to be able to look over to the next hill (whether that hill be Oakley, Kansas City, South Carolina, Nigeria, Michigan, Topeka, or wherever) and see another candle burning there in the darkness, lighting up a small portion of the place we call “this life”.
Don’t let your candle go out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You get emails from your comments? Must be nice...
However, I do get nice comments once in awhile. I appreciate the one my daughter left for me. My only comment about your entry was, the school system needs more "light" and "salt". I sometimes feel alone in that regard.

Anonymous said...

God's hides His people in the earth in the most unlikely places. The world never knows we are here. "For you have died and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ who is our life is revealed, we also will be revealed with Him in glory.." Col. 3:2,3 Achile