Saturday, June 14, 2008


Some things that seem at first somewhat incongruous, or at least a little different from what I would have always thought (these in no specific order):

  • The young nurse aide this morning who said she will really miss Tim Russert because she watches mostly the news channels and his program.
  • The City of Harper, KS charges a minimum of $33 per month water bill, even if no water is used during the entire month.
  • Goldfish can be purchased at Wal Mart, dumped in an outdoor backyard pond, and will live for a good long time.
  • Jesus makes the statement, “Before Abraham was, I am.”
  • A plant can grow out of a rock.
  • When I get a hair cut, the barber actually cuts many, many hairs.
  • Circuit breakers for Federal Pacific brand circuit boxes cost upwards of $60 each while other breakers for other brands can be purchased for as little as $5.
  • People drive fast, jump start, tailgate, weave in traffic, and use their brakes too much even though gasoline is $4.00 per gallon.
  • At my age, I should be smelling the roses instead of plowing up weeds.

1 comment:

Wayne said...

Interesting blog. I'm still thinking about some of these items.

WDK