Saturday, January 09, 2010

To Crash or Not to Crash

It’s Saturday morning. I don’t often get up at 5:30am on Saturday; consequently, I don’t often blog at 8am. Oh, I know some folks just seem to wake up as the perfect perky person, but I’m not one of them. It takes awhile for the bones to get used to supporting the weight each morning.
Oh, why am I up, you ask? Our church hosted the York College (Nebraska) touring choir last evening (a great performance, I might add) and we kept four of the young men in the choir overnight. They had to be back at the church to load up on the bus for Colorado at 7:30 this morning. So that meant we had to get up early to feed them and get them to the building.
Now, I’m not sure whether to crash for another hour or two of sleep or just tough it out. As I think of it further, maybe that hour or two would be a good thing since we’re hosting a birthday party for our younger grandson this evening. I don’t think a tired grandpa would be a good thing tonight.
Well, the hour rest suddenly, with a phone call, has vanished. Sis has a frozen pipe and they want to borrow my radiant heater so I’ll be loading up and going into their place in a minute or two. It’s been cold here and their older home just has a draft or two that in this weather will freeze water pipes. I just hope the pipe didn’t break. It’s in a place that’s hard to get to under the house.
Later…

No comments: