Wednesday, November 08, 2006

So, Why?

Today was a wonderful day. It was the last full day off of a week off that we get every fourth week. We’ve had a good week. We’ve seen the relatives and our sons. We made a trip to Western Kansas to visit friends. We’ve been able to see our darling granddaughter today on a day trip to their home. The Republicans are at least saying that they are listening to the electorate.
So why do I feel like I want to sit in a dark room and just let time pass? Why do I not feel like smiling, crying, laughing, or groaning? Why do I not feel much of anything at all?
I don’t in truth know. I don’t think it has to do with the week off being over. I am (or at least was) looking forward to getting the girls back tomorrow. It doesn’t have to do with relationships with the wife or someone else. Those are as good now as they’ve ever been.
I have to wonder if the idea of advancing age has anything to do with it and this is a delayed reaction to a recent birthday. I’ve thought a lot about that recently. I’ve certainly got a lot more years behind me than I do ahead of me.
This is kind of a funky time for me right now until I get this thing sorted out. Anyone of you (two or three faithful readers) ever get this way? What do you think it is?

No comments: