Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Not A Good Day

Yesterday wasn’t a good day. I dunno. Nothing special happened either good or bad that set me off. I just wasn’t feeling good mentally. Physically everything was as fine as it can be for someone with arthritis and high blood pressure. But emotionally, it was not good.
Some days are just like that. You understand that the day was given to you by the grace of the Almighty, and you do fine in the day, but you just feel, well, crappy.
I started the day by reviewing in my mind the words of the song, “This is the day, This is the day that the Lord has made, That the Lord has made…” I don’t know what happened, but it went down hill from there.
Today, however, is a different day. I’m feeling reasonably well. My hands and fingers only hurt a little. The weather is hot, but there is a breeze outside which makes it tolerable. God has given me life and breath and health.
I think I’m ready for the day, whatever it holds. We’ll see how it goes.

No comments: