Sunday, December 23, 2007

We Are Not Forgotten

I was laying in bed last night waiting for the wife to join me. It always takes me less time to get ready for bed than it does her. As I was laying there, I started to pray. I immediately thought of our situation here, no home, no job, and started praying about that. I stopped, however, after only a couple of seconds, and started to think of others that were in situations that also were not necessarily the greatest.

My mind quickly raced, thinking of many people who had chronic problems with health, finances, relationships, or work, and of people in situations that just weren’t the best. I just spent a second or two on each one, thinking about them.

The thing that got me was the large number of people I knew that had issues. I must have thought of well over 100 people, and just kept thinking of more, never repeating.

When I finished, our problems seemed rather small compared to some of the people and problems I had remembered. After all, we have a place to stay, food on the table, and job prospects are still coming our way. We are apparently healthy, and have all of our arms, legs, and mental faculties.

If we’re still not working in three or four months, I might start to sound a little more desperate or despairing. But even then, I’ll know that we’re blessed and that God has not forgotten our situation. I may need to be reminded of that, but we’ll take one day at a time.

No comments: