Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Adventure Continues

It’s been a tiring day. I think there’s a little lag of some sort that comes after a long trip such as we did over the holiday weekend. Then it catches up with you a day or two after you get back and you feel like you’ve been run over by a truck. I hurt everywhere, and it’s an effort to get up and walk. The bed will feel extra good tonight.
However, today wasn’t lost or wasted at all. We started the morning with some drizzle and clouds, and the clouds stayed most of the day. That made for a cool, wonderful day outside.
Then this evening there was a brief, but memorable display in the western sky as the sun set in a partly cloudy sky. As the sun illuminated the underneath side of the clouds that were hanging in the sky, blues, reds, purples, and oranges filled the expanse. It lasted no more than a minute or so, but was one of the more colorful skies I’ve seen in awhile.
One of these times, I’ll have to reprint an article I wrote a few years ago. That was the time I was privileged to see a rainbow in the western sky right at sun-up. The amazing thing about it was that the light from the rising sun was traveling under the cloud layer overhead and created a rainbow below that layer off to the southwest. I’ve never seen anything like it before or since.
This coming Saturday is the traditional Memorial Day (30th). I may go to the cemetery on that day since I didn’t have the chance on the Monday holiday. It’s always good to visit once in awhile and renew the connections in one’s mind with the remains of those who are buried there. It also is a good time to remember one’s own mortality.
I think tomorrow will be better. I should feel better and it’s getting toward the end of the week and the end of the month. The days and months are hurtling by, it seems. It’ll be about three weeks and it will start snowing, as it will be December already. The Adventure Continues.

No comments: