Monday, February 14, 2011

This & That

These last few weeks have been kind of a blur. The cold weather, the snow, the work, and the fact that it’s January and February all kind of combine to make this a time when people just hold on and hope better days come soon. And they will come. It will get warm. We will begin to have thunderstorms and severe weather. Things outside will green up. The earth will come to life again.
Meanwhile, what’s up? Oh, no, I shouldn’t be asking you that question. This is where I tell you what’s up with me. Of course, I assume you have at least some passing interest in knowing what’s up with me. Otherwise, you wouldn’t be on this web page, now, would you?
I find myself settling deeper and deeper into a kind of rut. That can be good, because I don’t have to worry too much about what to do. But it can also be kind of a bummer since I don’t have a lot of choice or change in what I do.
This has been a winter of, for lack of a better term, reflection. I’ve done a lot of thinking this winter, and am still in that process. Thinking about work, about life, about eternity, and about the future all have occupied my time lately. I’ve not arrived at any stupendous answers or marvelous insights…I didn’t expect to do so.
But I do expect to untangle, at least partially, some of the web of thought that I’ve allowed to interweave over the past few years. I don’t know how to explain it any better than that. I just sometimes feel like there are thoughts and ideas up there (or in there) that are all tangled up and need to be unwound, untangled, and brought out into the light of day. Does that make any sense to you? It does to me.
Thanks for taking the time to listen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're back - with another blog that is. Wish we were closer so we could sit down over a cup of coffee/tea and untangle and unwound thoughts and ideas. - kw

Sara said...

I understand I have been doing alot of thinking and untangling myself.