Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Potpourri

I'm not sure how March is supposed to look, but March 2011 looks great, at least the first day of it. Warm, gentle breeze, sunny, puffy clouds...it has the feel of a perfect day. There's a gorgeous sunset going on outside as I type this and the day is about the best that it can possibly be.
I'm sure it won't always be this way. March is also the beginning of severe weather season in our neck of the woods. We've already had a round of thunder boomers a few days ago, and over the next three or four months, we'll experience more of the same.
There will be wind. There will be rain. There will be hail. There will be tornadoes. That's part of living in this part of the world. And it makes things interesting, to say the least. I don't necessarily like the severe weather, but I do like to hear the thunder, see and hear the rain, and enjoy the cleansing of the earth and atmosphere.
I am also looking forward to see how the year 2011 turns out. There are several things going on in our family, our church, and in work that will have some sort of resolution or advancement. And, of course, there will be new ideas, new thoughts, and new things coming along in life.
I know I'm getting older, but I continue to enjoy seeing some things in new and different ways. I hope that doesn't change as I continue to age for as long as the Good Lord allows.
We are richly blessed in life. God has provided us with an existence that 98 percent of the world's population can only dream about. Along with that comes a responsibility to partner with God where He is working. And that is where life's real challenges, joys, and satisfactions come. There's nothing quite like being the instrument of the God of the universe and seeing how He uses one's efforts in His work of redemption.
Thank you for your continued participation in my writing. I know I've slowed down some, and I know blogs can be rather passe, but I plan to continue with this for the time being. So check in from time to time and we'll continue down life's path together.

No comments: