Thursday, October 09, 2008

What I Think

I received an email from Senator Sam Brownback's office today, part of a mass mailing, I'm sure. In the email, he talks about the financial crisis, what he thinks, and why he voted "no" to the bail out. He also asked me what I thought. I thought I should reply, since he asked. What follows is my reply, word for word.
By email, you asked for my views on the economy. I agree that we are going into a recessionary time. I also agree that some kind if intervention is necessary, and that intervention will be costly.
My concern has long been that we are not looking at the long term; rather we are wanting immediate, short term fixes that will continue to promote greed and self-serving action.
This is nothing new. Our nation's history is filled with such times. However, one would think that someone somewhere would get a clue. One would think that someone somewhere would truly have the best interests of others at heart. One would think that someone somewhere would do the right thing.
I'm sick of the political games. I'm sick of the callousness. I'm sick of the gridlock. And right now, I'm sick of the Congress and those who go, bloody hands out, to the people for relief when they are the very ones who have, over the years, been trampling the people to death in search of ever-greater billions.
You wanted to know what I think. Thanks for letting me write.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And then we have the Media and other "interest" groups feeding on the entire situation.

Kathy