Thursday, December 03, 2009

Longer Days

A couple of days ago, I was driving around in town with my window down and my arm hanging on the window frame. I know I probably looked like a Bubba doing that, but it was so great. I knew that the next day would usher in some cold air, and I probably wouldn’t be doing that again for awhile.
True enough, the cold has come. We aren’t in the frigid zone yet, but we are plenty cool for this time of the year. I’m also hearing rumors of measurable snow (these days, that can be as little as ¼ of an inch) coming next week some time.
For those of us who like the warmer weather, there is a bright spot to all of this. In less than three weeks, the days will be as short as they’re going to be for the year, and will start to grow longer. Along with that will eventually come warmer temperatures, although the temps seem to lag the days by a couple of months or so.
Here’s hoping for those longer days.

1 comment:

Wayne said...

Our thermometer says its 17 this am. That's frigid after all the warmer weather we've had this fall. And to think we need to get out in it this morning too. Brrrrrrr!

WDK