Friday, February 26, 2010

Always a Possibility

Today was just a lost day, it seems, for me. I was just wasted today and didn’t feel at all well. No bugs or illness…I think it was a mild exhaustion that overtook me today. Not sure why because I seem to sleep well, and long enough. I got home a little early today and promptly took a 45 minute nap, which helped immensely. I wish I could have done that about 10am this morning.
You know the kind of day. You have to work extremely hard, it seems, to put one foot in front of the other. Your brain isn’t working as well as it should. And you’re just not really into anything you do. Caffeine doesn’t help a lot. You can’t wait to be done.
And that is kind of sad because this was the prettiest day outside. One of the best. Tomorrow promises to be as good, however, so I am looking forward to that. We’ve had lots of winter, but not nearly like they’ve had in the Northeast.
Every Friday I look back over the week and think about what happened. I compare it with what I thought (or hoped) would happen five days before. It never seems to be anything close to what I thought it would be, even when I know some of what I have to do that week. I don’t know why I do this…maybe it’s one of those things that everyone does, but they just don’t talk much about it.
This weekend will be somewhat busy for us, but enjoyable. Unless, that is, things happen that disrupt our plans and routine. And that’s always a possibility.

No comments: