Friday, November 14, 2008

Who Knows?

It has ended up a good day. This morning, I wasn’t sure if I wanted to be part of this day or not; however, it ended on a couple of positive notes.

First, as I was going to my office, a resident stopped me and we chatted for a minute or so. She has multiple issues, and may never leave the home. Nevertheless, she seems to always have a good word, something funny, or just a smile for those who pass by. She wished me a good weekend, and I did the same for her.

Second, the computer guru for the place (our son) got the printer that we had tried to put on the network up and running. Now, we’ve said that before only to have it not work the next day. But I have good vibes about this time and think we (he) got it going for good. That’s been something weighing on me even though I wasn’t the primary person responsible for getting it going.

Shortly, we will go to my brother’s place for soup and a good time. We always get together on Friday evenings, and this time they’ve invited us all to their place. I look forward to the time.

Although much in the day was negative, or was something that nagged to be done, fixed, or dealt with, those two positives seem to outweigh all of the other and made the day a good close to the work week. Maybe that will carry forward on to Monday as I go into yet another work week. Or maybe not. Who knows?

I think I know, or should know. After all, I am the one who has charge of my attitude as the next work week comes on.

No comments: