Wednesday, May 04, 2011

The Adventure Continues

Well, I did it. I turned in my resignation a couple of days ago. I am entering a new chapter of life…one without a full time job to identify me. It’s kind of scary, yet at the same time a rather freeing thing. The final day will be June 10. As I hurtle toward that day, I am reminded of times past when uncertainty reigned in my life.
Uncertainty. Now, that’s a rather unsettling word. We humans like to have things under control. We like to know what’s coming around the corner. We have a need to have routine and order in our lives. But when things happen like job changes, moves to a different house, taking in a new family member, or one of hundreds of other scenarios, that word (uncertainty) creeps into our thoughts if not our conversations.
We sometimes lay awake nights in the dark and quiet thinking about the ramifications of it. We ponder it over lunch or a cup of coffee. And we do everything we can to NOT think about it during most of our waking time. Yet there it is, the elephant in the room.
No, I don’t have a job. Yes, we have some money. Yes, we have a plan. No, that plan is not laid out in certainty. Yes, it is subject to change. And no, I really don’t have a plan B. I think we do, however, have a lot of options open to us as we go along.
We’ll see how this all shakes out. We may have to make some lifestyle changes. We may have to change our direction. We may even have to move to a less expensive home. But I am ready for this. I am willing to do what I need to do to make this work.
Oh, I left out one important thing. I believe this change is something that is a God thing in my life. I think He is behind all of this. Now, I may be wrong. I may have let my emotions and selfish desires get a hold on my thought processes and distort my perceptions of what God is and isn’t doing in my life.
But I don’t think so. I’ve been working with this for many months. The culmination came just a couple of days ago when I actually submitted my resignation to my supervisor. This wasn’t a knee-jerk decision. I sought counsel from people whose opinions I value. And I’ve talked with God regarding what I need to do.
So we’ll see in the coming months. As the blog says, “The Adventure Continues”.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

May God be with you whatever path you are led to. God bless your future endeavors. - Kathy