Friday, June 22, 2007

A Wedding

I’m getting ready for our older son’s wedding, coming up in a little over a week. I’m to officiate at the ceremony, and am preparing the services.
I know that the minister is mostly not paid-attention-to, and is there in most cases just to get the job done. However, this time it’s a little more special for me as it’s my boy that is getting married. So I am working with a little more diligence on the words I will say, and will have the services on cards word-for-word instead of having notes to use. It’s one of the more enjoyable, yet nervous-type things I’ve done over the years.
And I’ll be wearing that strait jacket otherwise known as a tux. You know, the one with the cuff links, cumber bund, and other things that no one knows how to properly wear nowadays. But that’s OK. I don’t intend to do tuxes many more times in my life, so I guess I can handle it this one time.
That day will come and go before we know it. If anything happens that day that isn’t according to “the plan,” probably no one will notice it except those who created “the plan” in the first place. They’ll be married, and we’ll take of the tuxes, the dresses, and the too-tight shoes and relax by the motel pool.

No comments: