Thursday, June 28, 2007

A Different Vacation

I have yet to get truly connected in this day and age. We’re going on vacation today and I have no means to contact the Internet while we’re away. That means no email, no blogging, no IM’ing. I somehow feel deprived.
However, others in the group probably will have that 90’s invention, the laptop, and I can operate one of those fairly well. So I may have some connection with the ether after all.
It’s amazing, isn’t it, how we become so accustomed to wireless connections, instant communications with Australia and Iraq, and pop-up anything-you-want on the screen. We get to the point that it becomes part of us and we are somehow less than whole if we don’t tap into it regularly.
However, these next several days we will be renewing relationships with family, doting on the granddaughter, marrying off a kid, and trying to get a start on fixing up the rental property in the hometown. We’ll have plenty to keep us occupied, so I may not be very regular in checking email or blogs, and may well not write for more than a week.
Maybe this vacation from technology is just what the doctor ordered.

No comments: