Sunday, July 19, 2009

Are We?

Our minister this morning quoted an unnamed person as saying that some people “are sedated by the monotony of a life that is too small for the breath of God that is within them.”
For some reason that quote really struck a nerve with me. I don’t know if I’m guilty of that kind of living or not. I do know, however, that even our stretching our lives and living to the extreme will not be “adequate” for the breath of God that is within us. And if we’re not stretching living to the extreme, are we indeed guilty of wasting, so to speak, the energy, resources, power and depth of God that even now resides within us?
I’m not going to comment further on this except to ask you to look at your life and ask yourself if you fit the quote (or if the quote fits you). If the reality what we are doesn’t grab us by the guts and make us take notice, maybe we indeed are “sedated by the monotony.” And that would be so sad, indeed.

4 comments:

MamaRedd said...

Good quote, and worthy of thought.

And goodness me, you really did a makeover on the blog. I can't decide if I like it or not.

Wild Flower said...

I sorta like it

Wayne said...

Well, I like it! Of course I'm partial to blue, but its nice, Jay. Makes me think I should redo mine.

WDK

Wild Flower said...

I'd like to redo mine but I'm so stupid about technology, I wouldn't understand how to do it.