Sunday, April 20, 2008

Moving (Again)

Since the last blog, we have moved to our new home and are now living in the City of Wichita. We moved all of our stuff yesterday (Saturday) and are unboxing and unpacking things today. Pat will continue tomorrow as she doesn’t work until Tuesday. I will do what I can in the evenings.

This is a nice place. It is a large bi-level in a quiet neighborhood. The house is only five years old and the back yard abuts Pawnee Prairie Park. We’ve already seen deer, turkey, and squirrels. The house has a walk-out deck off of the second floor which overlooks the park. We intend to spend a lot of time out there.

One of my family yesterday said I need to change my blog from “The View From Here” to “The View From the Deck”. I’ll take that under advisement, but it’s not a bad idea since, as the family member said, I’ll probably write a lot about what I see out back.

We are humbled and grateful for all of the help these last several months. Pat and I talked some about it this evening. We are blessed indeed to have family on both sides that cares and is willing to help out. My family provided a lot of things these last several months just because they are closer, but I know that family on either side would have done whatever was necessary.

In the coming days, I’ll probably write some about my thoughts during this time of “homelessness”, the moving adventure, and some other thoughts. But for now, I’m tired and hungry. So I’ll sign off for now and hope to come back here shortly.

No comments: