Monday, April 28, 2008

Just Things

So, here I am toward the end of the first work day of yet another week. Although the day has been busy, it’s also been kind of long. I’ve been sort of dragging my way through, trying to keep up and get things done in good time. I don’t know if spring fever has already struck or if it’s just the Monday blahs.
I noticed today as I sat outside on the patio at work (during my break) the crispness of the air and the promise of spring, warmer weather, and even more of a “spring fever” attitude yet to come. This is one of those days when one could just about fritter away the entire afternoon doing nothing but listening to the birds, noticing things that haven’t been noticed before, and sipping tea, water, Dew, or whatever else tickles one’s fancy.
By the way, just what is a fancy? And where is it located on or in the human anatomy? And how is it tickled? Does it ever hurt? Do doctors sometimes have to remove it? Of what use is it? Why were we endowed with it?
I suppose I’ll never know the answers to these Rooney-esque questions, but it doesn’t hurt to ask them, does it? Besides, what else is there to do on a lazy Monday afternoon?

No comments: