Tuesday, October 04, 2011




I don't know about you, but I have seen these codes, called QR codes, in many places. They are, as one descriptor says, two dimensional analog equivalents to bar codes. I don't have a phone (or anything else) that can scan or utilize these codes...yet.
As an older person, I'm always a little skeptical of things like this, fearing that somehow I'll be carried somewhere I don't want to go or that someone will find out something about me that I don't want them to know. Yes, I know they are, for the most part, innocuous. But one never knows, and maturity also carries with it a sort of built-in skepticism meter that tends to go off when things like this present.
I wasn't aware until not long ago that there are free URL's where one can make his own QR code. That's what I did here...it's my own.
I don't know if you'll want to scan it to see what it is or not. I won't tell you, though, just in case.

1 comment:

MamaRedd said...

I just saw one of these the other day when I was out with my friend Kim, and she used a similar looking code on her iPhone to pay for her Starbucks . . .