Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Done

It is over. At least one chapter of our lives is over, and another is beginning. Due to an unfortunate set of circumstances regarding a procedural matter at the home, I am no longer employed there and Pat will be leaving shortly (this week, I think).
Although I’ll not write in the blog about what happened specifically, I will tell you emphatically that this has nothing at all to do with my relationships with the girls. I can’t stress enough how much we loved and cared for the girls, and we would never do anything to detract from their progress and growth. I will also say that, given the circumstances were the same, I would make the same decision again, no question.
I kind of liken our situation to the infamous preacher massacres that occur still all too regularly where the preacher lives in the parsonage and has to be moved out within 24 hours due to some issue that probably should never have been. Having said that, I’ll now say that we are living with my brother and his wife in Valley Center (bless them) and are taking some time to make decisions regarding what we will do next. I will also say that I hold no ill will toward the home and wish it, the staff, and the girls all the best.
I will also say that I believe with all my heart that the Evil One took an incident that should have been nothing and managed to make it into something that disrupted a successful program, caused anguish and pain all around, and caused the girls who were doing so well to have yet another thing to deal with. I don’t believe that any person or persons are or were controlled by the Evil One, but only that he took circumstances as they were and made them into something that caused havoc in the lives of people.
If you have read prior blogs, you know that I have been on him constantly and have been battling him face to face, so to speak. I will not back down now. I will not shrink back. I will not quit. I go on record today that I will continue the battle with all my heart and soul. I am more determined than ever to use the armor of God and the power of the Word of God (John 1) to battle this enemy.

1 comment:

--- said...

I very much admire your attitude. You guys will do wonderfully, wherever God takes you.
And on the plus side, at least no one can say that your life has been boring!