Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Travel Adventure

I was looking at a book about New Zealand today. My brother traveled there a few years ago for his job, and evidently brought back a book with beautiful, National Geographic-like photos of the country.
Hot springs, volcanoes, mountains, lakes, waterfalls, pasture, cities, bays, wildlife, and a host of other subjects populate this book. New Zealand apparently is filled with places of beauty, awe, and not a little danger.
I’ve always had a fascination with the places “down under”. Ever since elementary geography, I’ve had a yearning to go to Australia or New Zealand. I’m not sure I want to endure the flight to get there, but if I could somehow teleport there, I’d go in an instant.
Just as was the trip to the lower part of Alaska, this would be an adventure to places that I’ve only read about, but would long to see. Crossing the equator and the international date line, and coming so close to Antarctica would be well worth the trouble, I would think.
Alas, I think that the New Zealand trip is farther off than Alaska ever was. But there’s always hope….

1 comment:

--- said...

You know, I too, have had that desire for as long as I can remember.
I think we've found the destination for our next reunion... ha ha!