Tuesday, November 18, 2008

More Random Thoughts

I’ve done a couple of “random thoughts” blogs lately, and kind of like that idea. Here are a few more thoughts that have been floating around among the cobwebs recently.

I have to think that God perhaps put within animals (I am thinking specifically about dogs) the ability to help humans with things that humans can no longer do. Seeing eye dogs, therapy dogs, and dogs that sniff out narcotics, petroleum products, bodies, and other things are invaluable. Dogs are now being trained to help combat wounded veterans with the activities of daily living.

We had inservice day at the home today. We did all of our required inservices at various stations, and employees came in and went from station to station to be inserviced. I had one of the stations, and had a chance to observe the parade of employees that came through. One or two were men; all the others women. I was taken by the diversity of our workforce and struck by the fact that many of these employees were living paycheck to paycheck, had basic needs that they could not meet, were in relationships that were not good for them, and were generally struggling with life and living. Even though I know that many people live less-than-stellar lives, I still would be surprised if I knew the life story of many of those I work with daily.

The sunsets the past several days have truly been superb!

My wife and I have been blessed far beyond what we have ever thought or imagined in our 34 years together.

Why does the Dillons brand of grape pop taste better than Pepsi or Coke at the end of the work day?

I think computer people purposely keep the operation and maintenance of software and hardware complicated in order to maintain jobs for themselves.

Sunday is probably my favorite day of the week. It wasn’t always so.

I’m not sure why, but it seems that the general population is getting younger.

On that same note, I am certain that there are doctors out there who aren’t yet 18 years old (at least they don’t LOOK 18).

I wonder how many people within five miles of our home will go hungry this Thanksgiving. I wonder how many are hungry right now with nothing to eat.

What, in heaven’s name, do I have to complain about?

No comments: