Thursday, April 06, 2006

It’s been a day or so since I’ve blogged. Nothing special has happened, and I haven’t gone anywhere. I’ve not felt good these last few days, but nothing I can put my hands on (so to speak). I’ve just not felt well, and feel like I’ve been fighting something, but never coming down with it.
Have you felt that way? I’m sure you have. We all have had times when we didn’t feel 100%, but couldn’t quite figure out why. It can go on for a day or two, or it can last for weeks at a time. What do you do when you get in one of those times?
I dwell entirely too much on what is wrong with me and not enough on what is right. I know that if I work on something that occupies my brain, I don’t feel as bad as if I sit and think about all of the things that don’t feel normal. I wonder if a lot of it is a mental thing.
They say that your attitude and mental working can (and does) affect how you feel and respond physically. I don’t disagree, but wonder how some people seem to be able to block out continuing, chronic pain, weariness, and fatigue and just continue on.
Maybe that’s something I need to learn. I’m sure there isn’t a 1-2-3 sure cure. Rather, there is an examination of the soul and a determination to overcome that’s at (or close to) the center of any answer to the problem.
Physical well-being is a nice thing. But I suspect that emotional and mental wellness trump the relatively fleeting benefits of physical wellness in so many ways. The calm assurance of knowing everything will be OK, even when our physical world is falling apart, is a gift to be cherished and embraced.

No comments: