Thursday, March 08, 2007

Resting From Labors

My, this week has been full. We’ve been on the go more so than I think we’ve ever been before. Pat has meetings (nursing) to attend this week. We have a full house of girls with all the attached things that go with it. The final basketball game of the season for the girls who are on the team is today in Enterprise, KS. One girl is on the North High softball team and practices after school. Another is taking advantage of after-school tutoring. One had a pair of glasses break so now we have to go to the Optometrist to fit a new frame. We now have someone in elementary school, and they start and stop at a time different from the middle and high schools. Sigh. It never seems to end.
I’m not sure what I would do if there was just one of me. We don’t seem to quite keep up when there are two of us. I think I spent about three hours in the van yesterday going and coming. I’ll spend more hours in it today. Pat seemed to have enough to do yesterday as well, seeing to the meals, attending two meetings, doing paperwork, and trying to keep things on an even keel at the house.
I am grateful I have the strength, the ability, the health, and the desire to carry out what God has set before me. However, Revelation 14 talks of people who one day will be able to “rest from their labors.” I’m not sure what that passage means, exactly, but am looking forward to any resting from labors.
It’s going to be a great day!!

No comments: