Friday, January 25, 2008

Grateful

The work week is over for me. I am working the conventional days and hours right now, and am looking forward to not having to wake up to an alarm tomorrow morning. We’ve worked hard at the new nursing home and my muscles are complaining about it. But it’s been good work, and I am glad and grateful I have the work.

It would be so easy to complain about having to unload and unpack so many boxes of furniture and equipment. It would be easy to complain about having to go to work early this morning because a truck was coming in early and needed to be unloaded. It would be easy to complain about the upcoming week and the stresses that will undoubtedly be there.

However, there will be no complaining here because I know what it’s like to not have work. I know what it’s like to stay home while everyone else goes to work. I know what it’s like to have to explain to someone why I’m not working when it seems everyone else is.

I’m grateful for the job and for the work. It’s work I can do and work that I can enjoy. It’s also work that I appreciate having and thank God for allowing me to be healthy enough to do it.

So, although this weekend is also very much appreciated, I’ll enjoy getting up early and going in on Monday. And if you just think about it a minute or so, I think you’ll also appreciate the work God has given you to do and your ability to do it.

No comments: