Saturday, June 05, 2010

Monday All Over Again

You know, it’s kind of funny that I gripe and complain when there is a lot planned on a weekend…going here or there, fixing this or that, attending some meeting or going on a trip somewhere. I long for days when there’s nothing much planned and the time is open. Today is one of those days, and although there are things I can (and will) do, such as starting some laundry, cleaning up the kitchen, etc., there’s no place that I have to be at a certain time and no one that I have to meet at a certain place.
So I putter around with a cup of joe in hand and the newspaper beside me, watching a Saturday morning news show on the tube. I then wonder what I’m going to do with the next several hours.
Oh, I’m not complaining, mind you. I’m just not used to the unstructuredness of it all. I’m more tuned in with having to constantly prioritize my responsibilities (at work) and adjust what I’m doing, sometimes minute by minute, against those priorities. When that doesn’t happen, I feel just a bit lost as I sort-of wander through time.
The feeling is good, though. My brain can relax and recharge, and the rest of me can just sort of go with the flow. Soon enough, it will be Monday all over again.

No comments: