Saturday, June 19, 2010

Potpourri

Well, it's Saturday. Hotter than the blazes has it been the past few days, with no relief in sight. And that's actually a good thing around here because the wheat farmers have had enough of the rain. It's a muddy mess out there in the fields, but that process (harvest) needs to happen, and soon.
The wife has been away for a few days. She's attending a national nurses' association meeting in D.C. this week. She'll be back in Wichita tonight, probably rather tired and ready to be home. I'm ready for her to be here too, as it's just not the same when someone you've lived with for all these years isn't here.
I have several things to do today to make ready for the coming week. There is a wedding in our family a week from today, and we're having house guests and will be continuing to be together after the nuptial festivities. So I have some house cleaning to do today, yard work, going to the store...well, I think you know the drill.
Yes, I clean house. Yes. I go to the store. Yes, I even clean toilets and mop the floor. I don't necessarily relish those jobs, but don't mind doing them. Besides, what else am I going to do today? Golf? Nah. Lake? Why? Besides, many of those kinds of things take money; I have better things to do with mine than give it to some of those kinds of things.
Of course, there are always some exceptions to that. The IMAX in Hutchinson has a movie on now about the Hubble telescope I'd like to see. And I did go out with family last evening to TGI Fridays for dinner. Now, that was an experience made great by the waiter who served us. Personable, funny, competent, and helpful, he made an otherwise routine dining experience one we will remember for awhile.
I need to get on with life today. Move the wash along. Make the bed in the spare room. Clean up the kitchen. Etc Etc. Until next time...

No comments: