Wednesday, September 25, 2013

P:rayer for Today



A prayer for you today.  (Taken from the book “Lord, Change My Attitude—Before It’s Too Late” by James MacDonald.
Lord, thank you for the priceless privilege to worship and live alongside my brothers and sisters in Christ.  Thank you that each one is known and loved by you and has his and her own story of your grace and goodness in their lives.  Lord, I am like them in that you found me in my sin also.  And you have shined the light of Christ into my life.  Now I am in the process of growing and becoming more like you.  Help me along the way to discern the difference between loving, constructive criticism and the kind of criticism that destroys.  Help me to think highly and graciously about others.  Help me to pray for others.
Thank you that your word has shined into my heart.  Thank you for using it to reveal the price that I pay for my critical opinions.  Forgive me for thinking so highly of myself.  Forgive me fo thinking that my perspective is always the right perspective.  God, I recognize the arrogance in that.  Give me graciousness, love, and forbearance with others.  Thank you, God, that you have made us all different.  Help me to celebrate our differences and not demand that all the world see things exactly as I do.  Give me victory over a critical spirit.  Make me quick to turn from that pattern of thinking so that I might know your fullness in my life.  I pray this in Jesus’ precious name; Amen.

No comments: