Friday, January 06, 2006

Attitude

I suppose I should take a break from blogging, since I am in process of getting my youngest son married. We are in the community of his residence as I write this, and I am on a Holiday Inn PC in the lobby of the hotel. What a deal.
Pat and I were walking downtown today and met someone I hadn’t seen for over 25 years. This gentleman was the one who hired me into a position almost 30 years ago, and has hung around the area ever since then, except for a short stint in New Mexico.
It was good to make the connection again. I thought, as I left the place where we ran into each other, of all the people I have met and interacted with over the years. Life has been rich and full, and I have been privileged to have been a part of God’s creation thus far. I truly believe I am happy. However, to go through life lonely, angry, and frustrated has to be one of the most difficult things a human being could do, yet so many people are exactly that way. I feel for them in a way, but in many circumstances, life is choices.
Rich, poor, sick, healthy, slave or free many times doesn’t matter as much as attitude, outlook, and mindset. We can’t control everything, but we can control what and how we think.

No comments: