Monday, January 09, 2006

It's Just a Hassle

Well, it’s over.  The dinners, vows, introductions to new people, worry about things going right, clean-up…it’s all finished.  Now, my son and daughter-in-law (that sounds so cold…she’s almost like a daughter to me…can I call her that?) have to find their way together, make their life together, and continue to grow together, mature together, and serve together.
I’m kind of bummed out today.  It was just an exhausting weekend, and I have to call the hotel and hassle with them over some credit card charges.  I hate doing that…it’s one reason I like to deal in cash.  The problem is that if you don’t have a credit card, you can’t rent a car, guarantee a room, or do many other things in the modern world.
Whatever happened to people doing what they say and a modicum of trust when doing business?  It’s all about protection now, and the protection is, unfortunately, all done by the commercial side of the business relationship.  The consumer is left in the cold.
Well, even old dogs learn new tricks.  I now know better than I did a week ago how to deal with a hotel and with food caterers.  I will straighten out the mess and will let my opinions be known to management, as if that will matter.  It’s just a hassle (or have I already said that…)

No comments: