Friday, January 13, 2006

Replay

Do you ever get a song in your head that you just can’t seem to get rid of?  Of course you do.  Everyone does at one time or another.  Sometimes it’s an oldie (although not necessarily a goodie).  Other times it’s a religious song.  Maybe there’s a classical piece that comes to mind, or it could be a little ditty that has no name.
Today, for whatever reason, I’m replaying “He Is Exalted” by Twila Paris.

“He is exalted, the King is exalted on high, I will praise Him.
He is exalted, forever exalted, and I will praise His name!”

Don’t ask why.  It could just as easily have been “Yellow Submarine” or “White Rabbit” that got stuck in the brain neurons.  (If you’re younger than about 48, you might have to look those up).  It could have been the “Washington Post March” or the Musicbox Dancer theme.
The brain is a marvelous work of engineering.  There is room for over 4 quadrillion separate thoughts, they tell me, in the human brain.  If one would say that a thought is equal to a computer byte, that’s over a petabyte, folks.  A petabyte is 1,000 terabytes, and a terabyte is 1,000 gigabytes.  I think I have that right…correct me if my math is wrong.
So, why I would select this song today instead of some other, I have no clue.  Maybe Someone is trying to tell me something.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Hey, you know that I am only 45, but I know "Yellow Submarine" and "White Rabbit"! Amazing that God often uses songs to draw our minds back to Him.