Monday, October 26, 2009

Some Things I've Noticed

I’ve noticed a few things over the last few days. One of them is the glorious fall foliage we’ve had (and are still having) here in the central plains states. We’ve traveled to Branson and to the Kansas City area recently, and the grasses, trees, and bushes are resplendent in colors I’ve not seen in several years. I wonder if the cooler weather we’ve had the past month or so has anything to do with that.
I’ve also noticed that people seem to be ready for Daylight Saving Time to come to an end. Even city folks seem to want to go to work when the light of day is at least beginning to break. Thankfully, the time will change this coming weekend, which is about 4 weeks too late.
I’ve noticed that families are a great invention of the Almighty. I’m not sure He could have invented anything much better than people who accept you for who and what you are…just because. I am sad for those folks who either do not have families, or have them but they don’t work like the family is supposed to work.
And I’ve noticed how much I am NOT longing for winter weather this year. Used to be in times past and gone that I actually enjoyed winter. Not so much recently, and this year it seems not at all. Does that happen as we age, or is there something about THIS year and THIS winter that is a little different?
There are tons of things that I’ve not noticed, however. Of course, I can’t say what those things are because if I haven’t noticed them, I don’t know about them. I don’t even know if that makes much sense or not, but I’m not sure I’ve made much sense all day. Oh well. Another day is tomorrow, and it will arrive all too soon.

No comments: