Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Why Did I Start This?

I’m not sure why I opened the word processor. I know I felt like writing something in the blog, but I’m not sure what. It’s a quiet evening here, with the wife gone to a meeting and I’m watching M.A.S.H. reruns.
I enjoy those shows, even though I’ve seen them many, many times. There’s something about those shows that I can connect with, having myself worked EMS as well as having worked in a hospital setting for many years. Many have been the times I’ve been in the middle of some kind of emergency situation, either rendering aid of some kind or supporting those who were. Life and death situations were not that unusual for me to observe and be a part of, and I am grateful for the whole hospital/EMS experience.
Even now, though the emergent situations are far fewer in my present setting, I enjoy seeing people go through therapy and improving their ability to stand, walk, eat, and get along in the world in general. Although I am not a therapist, I believe what I do provides much of the underpinning for those who work directly with residents. And at times, I interact and work with residents as they have need for my services.
I still haven’t a clue what prompted me to write this evening. I’ve had a lot on my mind…everything from the wife being gone to our church’s missions effort in Guyana (One of our members makes several trips a year there and works with an ongoing mission effort there…he and I visited this evening about that effort). The weather is turning wet and colder (there was frost on a lot of outdoor things this morning), and it’s the time of the year when things wind down and people begin to hunker down getting ready for the winter weather ahead. Thankfully, most of us have warm places to stay out of the weather and wind. We have enough to eat and wear and we have clean water. We are most blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You wrote it so we could read it. From one M*A*S*H watcher to another. - Kathy