Monday, September 11, 2006

Just Things

I know it’s been a week since I’ve written.  Those two or three of you that read my blog are, I’m sure, very disappointed in my lack of writing desire.  However, I have an excuse this time.
We started our week off last Thursday afternoon.  That evening, we went to Hays, Kansas to help our youngest son, his wife and our granddaughter move to Emporia.  He found work there on campus of Emporia State and this was the weekend to make the big move.
Friday, we got the truck, loaded and drove to Emporia.  Saturday, we unloaded the truck, took it back to the U haul place, and we started putting together a household.  Sunday, we attended services at a local church, then worked some more that afternoon on the house.  Sunday evening, we came back to Wichita.
Today (Monday), I spent a couple of hours in the dentist chair getting a crown prep on a molar.  We also, since I do my dentistry in my hometown, went to a neighboring community and did some shopping in a men’s store that I liked when we lived in south-central Kansas.
The owner-operators were still there, noticeably older, but every bit as talkative as ever.  I bought three pull-over shirts, ordered some Nike shoes (the inexpensive, non-flashy kind), and a sport coat.  When I go back down on the 29th for my crown install, I’ll go back down there and fit the coat and pick up the shoes.  What service.  They’ve got the Wichita stores beat by miles in service and accommodation.
So it’s been a full time off for us.  We still have some things to do before the girls come back to see us for three weeks this coming Thursday.  I may not write for a few days, but again may write tomorrow.  Who knows?  Check back.

No comments: