Monday, March 30, 2009

What's Happening

I’m not sure what has happened to me these last months. I can’t even begin to describe some of the feelings inside; however, being an aspiring writer, I’ll try. Most of what is coming is religious or otherwise serious in nature. If you don’t want to read things like that, you can stop now.
I seem to alternate among feelings of incredible blessedness, mild apprehension regarding the financial mess and whether I’ll retain a job, the also-incredible incomprehensibility of the God of heaven and earth, the joy and delight of family and friends, the goodness of life, the brevity of life, and the boundless truth that is revealed in holy writ and by the handiwork of God Himself.
Now, as you look at that list (which is kind of a mess in and of itself), can you begin to understand why I’m not able to give full descriptive service to what’s inside?
Something is opening up for me whole vistas of possibility, reality, and hope. I’m not sure what (or who) that something is, but I’m grateful. It seems like we all too often go through life with perpetual blinders, never seeing to the right or to the left. We never leave our ruts and consider life to be successful if, when we die, we’re able to have enough money for a proper burial and something worthy for the preacher to say at our service. How we miss the mark!
God calls us to an abundant life of service, joy, love, peace, and happiness. He has plans for us that would stagger our imaginations and cause us to immediately say something stupid such as, “I could never do that!” He desires the best for us (the very defining principle of love) and enables, encourages, and expects our best for His service. He is constantly prodding, poking, and stirring us into humility and service, ever aware that He created us as beings free to accept or reject Him at will.
Service. Servant. Eternal. Love. Servanthood. Peace. Delight. Servant-leader. Humbleness. Low estate. Undeserving. Blessed. Abundant. Secure. Hope. Life. Evermore unto the ages of the ages. What a life this is!

No comments: