Thursday, January 06, 2011

Crack of Doom

I’m staying up late tonight. We have a resident who is receiving a blood transfusion at a local hospital this evening. When they are finishing, they will call and I will take the home’s transportation van there and pick her up and take her back to the home. She went in about 4pm today. It takes several hours to infuse blood products, and if there are any glitches, it takes even longer.
I’ve done this a few times before, but never quite this late. My guess is that I won’t get to bed until after midnight. That always seems to befuddle me some the next day. I’m never quite rested, it seems, and don’t feel “normal” (whatever that is nowadays).
Normally my bedtime is about 10:30. I know that seems early for many of you, and it may be late for some who have to get up (as my cousin used to say) “at the crack of doom.” I always liked that better than the “crack of dawn.” Gave it a little more class, in my book.
Hopefully, they will call shortly and I can begin the trip. If not, I may be up later tonight than I thought.

No comments: