Friday, August 18, 2006

The Girls Are Coming

The girls are coming back today.  We have one less than we had a week ago, as one girl is no longer in the program.  So we’ll have six this week.  They will have a slumber party of sorts tonight here.  We’ll get some movies, popcorn, goodies, pop, etc. and let them stay up late tonight.  But not all night.  We old folks can’t handle that.
We had a good, restful week this past week.  I am anxious about keeping the girls, but know that if we just take this one day at a time, we can do this.  I also know that we need to focus on the troubles of the day (sufficient for the day is the trouble therein) and not be concerned about what may or  may not come up in the coming hours and days.  God will give us the strength and wisdom we need in the here and now.  I believe that.  Now I need to live my life such that I practice that.
It’s quiet here now, but in a short time, they’ll be carrying their things back over here, ready (or not) to spend the next three weeks with us.  And we with them.  Praise be to our Creator for His marvelous grace!

No comments: