Tuesday, February 14, 2006

No Mood to Read

Why is it that I feel so alone sometimes?  Yes, the lovely wife is here.  Yes, I have friends.  Yes, I have family.  I am truly blessed.
But sometimes, it seems like God is nowhere to be found.  I know this isn’t rocket science.  He says He will never leave me or forsake me.  He says He wants a relationship with me.  He says He wants to be my shepherd.  He says all of that, yet sometimes I feel like He’s too busy with important things to deal with me.
I know that’s not true.  For those of you who are reading this and are Christian, you also know that’s not true.  Those truths are part of our Christian heritage and our assurance.  But it still doesn’t make it any easier during those times when He seems to have gone on vacation and not forwarded His phone.
So what’s up with this?  Is God playing some kind of weird game with me?  Is there something amiss on my end that is ruining the connection between me and Him?  I wish I knew.  In fact, if I knew, I’d probably write a book.  Come to think of it, someone already probably has written a book on this issue.  But I don’t think I’m in any mood to read any book right now.

No comments: