Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Who Are You, God?

For those who may read this who aren’t religious, it may be a stretch for you to relate to my life with God.  That’s OK.  It’s a stretch for me to relate to your life without God.  So we’re on equal footing, so to speak.  However, this is my blog, and I write for my edification and growth.
Each of us has a belief system.  The atheist, the agnostic, the transcendentalist…we all have belief systems.  You have a belief system, too.  I make no apologies for my beliefs, nor do I make apologies for my blog.  Some days, I’ll talk of the ordinary.  Other days, I’ll get more on my faith soapbox.  You get what you get.
The day started out well for me.  I got up an hour earlier than normal, and attended an early morning Bible study at the home of a brother in Christ.  This is not a normal thing for me, but I must say that I truly enjoyed the time spent in discussion of those things that truly matter.
We talked about being content with what we have, because we have God (Hebrews 13).  He says He will never leave us or forsake us.  If we have God and yet aren’t content, what other thing could possibly satisfy us?
My task this day is to examine my life, my motives and intent, and my relationship with the Creator.  Who are you, God, and what do you want with me?

No comments: