Thursday, February 15, 2007

You Get What You Get

My, my, but isn’t it a mite nippy here (and elsewhere). I would say something funny about where’s global warming when you need it, but I think that’s something we need to take a serious look at. I’m not convinced the doomsday folks are correct; neither do I think those on the other side are necessarily correct when they poo-poo the whole idea. I wish I’d hear from someone who is an authority who doesn’t otherwise have an agenda, political, financial, or philosophical, to peddle. Now, that WOULD be refreshing, wouldn’t it?
I got some comments on the cold showers. By the way, I’ve not had to turn off the hot water…yet. It’s interesting what folks comment on and what they leave alone. I wudda never thunk that showers could push some folks’ buttons. I guess I live and learn.
Arthur (arthritis) has come to visit me rather big-time this week. I can barely move my thumbs at all, and they hurt constantly, even with Aleve in my system. I hope this cold goes away soon. I got out the hot paraffin bath this morning. It’s still warming up after being plugged in for two hours. I can’t wait to bask in its warmth for a few minutes. If you are plagued by stiff hand joints, invest $20 in a paraffin bath. Most drug stores (I got mine at Walgreens) have them. Besides, they help keep skin from drying out and cracking.
I know this is just kind of a potpourri of things. But I feel kind of pot-whatever today. You get what you get.

No comments: