Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Changing World

Is today a good blog day?  I asked myself that question just before opening up the word processor to type another blog entry.  I never answered the question, because I haven’t a clue what makes a good blog day (or a bad one).  I just opened the word processor and started typing.
That’s the way many of my blogs start.  I just type.  I’m finding out, though, in typing this, that my word processor dictionary doesn’t recognize “blog” and “blogs” as words.  So I’ve added them to the dictionary, and now I don’t see the nasty red line under those words.
The world changes quickly.  I don’t know how old my computer dictionary is, but I use XP and have one of the more modern versions of Office (Word 2002, it says in the HELP section).  It’s rather amazing to me that blogs weren’t around to any great extent before then, as ubiquitous as they are now.
Speaking of a changing world, it continues to change daily for those I help care for in our church family.  I have some praying and meditating to do in a few minutes, and want to make some contacts today with folks, as I can.  I don’t know how much those things help, and feel so inadequate at times, especially today knowing what I know about some of our church family.  I am thrilled that I have the opportunity to serve in this way.

No comments: