Sunday, May 21, 2006

Welcome Sunday!!

It’s been a good day for us.  Sundays usually are, and this one was no exception.  We enjoy being with friends at church and at small group (in the evening).  We make no bones about that.
I’m not sure why we feel like we have to defend going to church and meeting together with others of like mind.  There’s nothing abnormal about that.  People of like mind meet all the time.  Civic clubs, women’s clubs, PTA, the Saturday night regulars at the corner bar, the card parties…they all meet because they enjoy each other’s company, they are of like mind, and have like purpose.  They don’t have to defend themselves…why should we who are Christians and enjoy coming together toward a common purpose?
Sunday is a pickup day for me.  I get recharged and ready for the week ahead.  I’m able to rest some and refresh.  I change my schedule…do something a little different.  It’s a mini-vacation with friends in the middle of life, and it comes every seven days.
Welcome Sunday!!

No comments: