Monday, May 15, 2006

When Will I Learn?

On one blog that I follow, Tiffany says this about a trip to a place where there were geese beside a pond (maybe in a park), “Can you remember when you as tall as a goose, as curious as a stranger in a new land, when Daddy made all the scary things not scary anymore….”  She has as part of her blog photos that were taken on the outing.  The photo beside the part about Daddy making all the scary things not scary anymore shows her husband crouching beside one of their small children, showing him a goose that was as tall as the child.  (http://www.timandtiffany.blogspot.com/)
As I read that, I stopped cold at the part about Daddy making the scary things not scary anymore and thought about the God of heaven and earth and His desire to make the things that are scary for His children (the future, death, eternity) not scary any more.
I was also immediately saddened that I am guilty of pushing God (Daddy) away from me at some of those times when He wished to crouch beside me and let me know that He was there—that I need not fear that thing that was looming in front of me.
The problem is that when I most need God, I also most want to trust in my own instincts and my own ability.  When will I learn…?

No comments: