Saturday, June 03, 2006

Can I Believe It?

I am well in to the day (Saturday) and feel as if I’ve accomplished little.  Yes, I’ve done my daily Bible listening.  Yes, I’ve had lunch.  Yes, I’ve read the paper and done a load of laundry.  Yes, I’ve prepared by Sunday School class for tomorrow.  But for some reason, I feel sort of “out of sorts”, if you know what I mean.
There are things that aren’t settled in my mind…things that have been there for some time, and I’m not able to deal with them just now.  I either don’t have the information I need, it isn’t time to do anything about it yet, or some other reason beyond my control keeps me and these issues up in the air and unsettled.
It’s not a good feeling.  I am someone who likes to settle things…to fix things…to get things off of the table and off of my plate.  And I’m not sure what to do, because much of what is causing the unease is not solvable, or at least not solvable in the near future.
So I wait, and I worry.  About things that I probably shouldn’t wait and worry over.  “Tomorrow is another day,” they say.  I just wish I could believe that.

No comments: