Thursday, June 08, 2006

Thursday Musings

It’s a warm, humid day this morning already in Topeka.  It’s Thursday, which means I don’t do quite as much planned stuff as normal.  So I’m doing some “unplanned” things.
Let’s see.  I’ve already cleaned up the kitchen, mopped the kitchen floor (on my hands and knees, with a wet mop rag), started a load of wash (the sheets), flipped over the mattress (we gotta get a new one some day), and sorted the other laundry for doing before we leave for the day Saturday.
I’m planning to go to Gardner in a couple of hours and visit our son, who takes his lunch at 1pm.  No big deal…just get out of town and see some country besides checking in with him.  He’s working three jobs this summer to pay off some bills.  Besides his bank day job, he’s delivering pizza and umpiring softball games.  He’s a busy boy and I just want to encourage him, since one of the bills he owes is to us.
Who knows what the rest of the day holds.  It’s always an adventure in a position such as mine.  However, that adventure can be good or bad, an upper or a downer.  It’s not dull and boring, though.
I trust the wife will have a good day today.  I just called her to tell her that our checking account would survive until payday (tomorrow) and that I was considering the trip to Gardner.  She seemed to be OK, but I know it’s tough there right now.  I wish there was something more I could do.  I feel rather helpless….

No comments: