Sunday, June 18, 2006

The Day

Well, today is Father’s Day.  And you who know me know that I don’t do a lot of celebrating for any holiday, and this one is no exception.  Yes, it’s nice to have such a day set aside for us dads, but I prefer my rut, thank you.
The day started as any other.  Church was just like any other, except for the Fathers Day sermon (which was powerful, by the way).  We went out to eat at Perkins, believe it or not, but because the line was out the door, we ended up going across the street to a nice steak place and were seated and served right away.  But even the restaurant was plan B because I had intended to put a roast in the oven and just eat at home.
Afternoon consisted of sitting on the back patio, napping, working with the computer, reading some, and baking a Marie Callendar dutch apple pie.  The pie was my treat for this day…I love those pies.
Now, I’m at the PC again, telling you about the routine-ness of my day and enjoying every moment of it.  It’s good to kick back, although I’ve done nothing really special today, nor has my family done anything special for me.  Oh, it’s fine.  I don’t mind.  Yes, it would have been nice if the number one son had come to services this morning, but I know he has a life and have no problem with that.
Besides, we’ll be grandparents soon.  That’ll be worth the wait.

No comments: