Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Looking For Something?

I seem to write better in the morning than in the afternoon or evening.  I don’t know why.  Maybe it’s the caffeine that’s swimming in the Air Force mug on my desk.  Maybe my brain is more rested now (whatever that means).  On the other hand, it just could be that I am more of a morning person than I think.
It also helps when people acknowledge what I’ve written.  I just received an email from Kathy, who was encouraging regarding my recent post “Taste and See.”  I don’t write for the feedback, but appreciate it nevertheless.  I know that people read my writing even though they don’t always comment on the blog site.
Today looks like it will be a relatively busy one for me, if I can get myself in gear.  Yesterday was kind of a lost cause, as I wasn’t in a perky mood and thought I was doing good just to have something prepared for the church prayer team, which met at our home last night.
The meeting was a good thing, because I think there were some others who were kind of in a downer mood, too, and we all left the meeting in better spirits.  There’s something about genuine and heartfelt group prayer that puts things back into perspective and gives new hope.
Group prayer (and God) may not be your thing, but if you’re looking for something and haven’t found it yet, consider carefully.  You may just find the answers you’ve been seeking in Someone who has been loving you all this time.

No comments: