Thursday, March 02, 2006

Perspectives

Well, in a couple of hours, I hope to be off to see an old friend in Missouri.  Steve and his wife Tamy used to live in our home community, and became dear friends to us.  I haven’t seen him for many years and look forward to visiting for a day or so.
My purpose in going is two-fold.  I look forward to renewing the friendship, and I have need of some pastoral counseling that I believe he can provide.  Steve is a minister, and I need to talk to someone like him.  I look forward to a fruitful discussion.
I’ve been catching up on some housework today.  Clothes are in the laundry; I’ve cleaned the bathroom, done the dishes, and scrubbed the kitchen floor.  This time I did the floor by hand with a towel.  You know, it’s almost easier just to do it that way than to get out the mop and go through all of the motions associated with it.
One also gets a different perspective on the floor itself.  I see spots where I haven’t seen them before.  I see dirty corners, chipped baseboard, and “things” adhering to cupboard doors.  It makes for a rather “interesting” experience.
It doesn’t hurt to look at things from a different perspective.  That’s why I’m visiting with Steve today and tonight.  I think he’ll show me something I have not seen before, and am only beginning to understand.  I’m ready.

2 comments:

Wild Flower said...

So it's easier to do the floor with a TOWEL than to use, oh, I dunno, say a SWIFFER?? I love my Swiffer. It's quick, it's fast, it's clean, you don't wear your knees out, it's just wonderful. AND, you don't see all the crap around the baseboard. Unless you choose to. If you do choose to see it, the Swiffer operates efficiently, quickly, and with a minimum of scrubbing. I'll buy you one for your birthday. AND a wireless mouse.

bluggier said...

The wireless mouse I'll take, dear. As for the swiffer, as you know by now, I have a swiffer and used it just on the bath floor just before I did this. So I indeed am "conversant" with that method and still preferred to do it this way.
I would take some extra swiffer pads and solution, however.