Friday, July 21, 2006

The Disconnect

As I was driving back to the house this evening following the running of an errand, I thought of the disconnect that we are feeling now that we know we are moving.  That disconnect is something that is probably the most disconcerting to me at a time like this.
I no longer call Topeka home, and no longer call our place our home, yet we have not yet moved and begun to sink roots in Wichita.  It’s a kind of listless feeling…one that I’m sure many people feel in the course of their lives…but yet one that I don’t fully understand.
I can’t fathom what it must be like to be homeless and feel this way all the time; or to be a refugee and feel the disconnect, but not have a place to go.  I can’t imagine how it must feel to not be able to stand on soil somewhere and say that this is home.
We will be disconnected about 48 hours longer; then we will begin to plant roots in our new home.  We are truly blessed.

No comments: